At the beginning of the year I decided to finish one old unfinished project every month. (Actually, I thought I’d try every week, but that was a bit overambitious :-)). Last month I finished these little booties, and in February I finished this very pink sock monkey.
I bought these socks years ago with the plan to make a sock monkey out of them, at the same time that I made this monkey. The socks sat in my sewing box for years and now I finally got around to sewing them. Its such a nice pattern (there’s a very clear tutorial with lots of photos here), but it does make a difference what kind of socks you use, i.e. how long the socks are, how big the feet are they’re for. Its kind of cool how a few snips and stitches can transform a pair of socks.